Saturday 4 May 2013

Assignment 310 Imaging output. Capture, Opening and setting the DPI.

The workflow used for the images that I capture are as follows:  Capture the image in the camera, this I do using a Raw file format.  The camera is set up in manual or Aperture priority very rare that the camera is set up in program or Auto.  The art of photography is to set the camera up first so you control the camera, this way you can control your image and what you want from the image.  I do use filters on the camera and not in Photoshop, I use warm-up, graduate and Polarizer filters.

Downloading the images:  This I do by plugging the leads that come with the camera.  Then directly in the computer.  I never download on the computer its self, I always download to a separate hard drive as Raw files are large files and the camera is 14.2 mega pixels.  I have a 2TB hard drive on the Mac system I use and a 2TB hard drive on the windows system along with some smaller hard drives  that are now full.

After downloading as been completed, I then use  the browser in Photo shop to look at the images from there I open an image and check the image as shown below.  I click the Auto button to see how the image looks:

As shown below:


Open image in Raw in Photoshop.

Apply the Auto button as shown with screen shots.




After that I press the open image button at the bottom. This then puts the shot into photoshop, from there I go into Images and change the resolution to 300dpi. 




Completed the Resolution at 300 dpi.

No comments:

Post a Comment